Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Shut Your Big Mouth!

I talk. A lot. I always have and I suspect that I always will. The amount varies given the current state of my emotions, but its always a lot.

I like quiet, I like it very much. I really do not feel the need to fill it up but somehow I do. Things come tumbling out of my mouth. Things, that sometimes I myself do not even understand. I jumble words together. I trip over well known phrases. When that fails, I simply insert words that make no sense what so ever.

 Case in point, I was singing the Oompa-Loompa song at work one day when I burst into the show room with great flourish and said "What do you get when you eat a Baboon". Um, what? I have no idea where that came from. True, we had been discussing lunch but no one, absolutely no one mentioned Baboon as a possibility.

Lately I've been talking a lot even for me. Talking to people I don't usually, people I shouldn't, and the occasional person I don't know. I've talked my kids' poor heads off. I see them quickly retreating to their rooms in hopes that I might find another, better target for my endless conversing. I've don't know of any time before when they've read so many books or cleaned their rooms so easily. Just when it seemed impossible for their mother to act any crazier.......I'd hate to get boring.

I'm not sure what's causing this onslaught of verbiage.  Perhaps the feeling that my life is spinning out of control and away from me. I'm nervous about grad school, about the kids in high school and middle school, about making car payments, about finding a job, and taking the CPA exam. There have been some health scares with friends and family.  My head knows that nothing more can be done than I am presently doing but it just can't stop filling up with never ending thoughts that come rolling out of my ever open mouth or typing fingers.

Last night I decided it was enough. I'm going to drive some people nuts, people who have had a favorable opinion of me up until recently. I can't change any of those things I listed above. So, I cleaned my bathroom, changed my sheets, cleaned out the cabinet under the sink, and did some laundry. I was tired when I laid down to sleep and I didn't want to talk to anyone. I did think of projects I want to get done before school starts. Hopefully those will help to further curb some of the compulsive communication.

By the way, if you're one of those unlucky folks, you can tell me to shut my big mouth. I won't be offended.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call me. . . I'd love to hear it all!

FarmWife said...

I may be doing the same thing to my co-workers you're doing to your children.